Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sweet 16 here I come!

So as some as you might know I've been working as a lifeguard and swim instructor and I had worked really hard all summer and saved up lots of money!  so I decided that for my 16th birthday I wanted to go to New York City!I had been talking all summer about going to NY for my 16th but I wasn't really looking at airline prices or anything until I realized I had less then a month before the dreary, cold, weather would come, So with a little over three weeks notice I bought a ticket with the money I had earned, I packed my bags and was off, first time being gone that long from my parents, first time ever ridding on an airplane and first time ever going to NY, and I felt rather grown up as I boarded my plane. The first flight was awesome, I had never seen Portland from 2000 ft up in the air, it was an amazing sight! The clouds were gorgeous! They looked like big clumps of cotton!   






 I had a 3 hour flight into Kansas city and once I got into Kansas city I had a 4 hour layover, Yes I sat in the airport for 4 whole hours doing nothing, I almost went crazy! once that horrible wait was over I boarded my next plane and made one more stop in St Louis and then was one my way in to Newark NJ where my aunt and uncle was waiting for me and drove me home









I was pretty sneaky and no one saw me taking this picture! (:













Now the  family who I was staying with is more like a second family to me then friends  I call them aunt and uncle and  they had 3 boys, They were amazing! I had a lot of fun with them, They actually put up with me for 2 whole weeks and showed me all around nyc!


My first couple of days there it poured!  of course they made a joke of it  and said I had brought the rain with me, but rain or shine they wanted to show me times square so in the pouring rain with lots of umbrellas and jackets, we started the walk though times square, there were some pretty crazy people one guy was trying to give out free hugs, and some people were handing out big candy bars and of course we had to make a couple of rounds ( I got 8 candy bars by myself) all together we got 30, it made  pretty good loot (:







                                       ohh the buildings...they were a sight!



                                Not all of Ny is build up, by seaport there were brick roads!




                                             Lots of bridges in New York


                                         And yes, there were a lot of yellow taxi's


I rode the subway for the first time! 



                              and I also went to Hawaii! No I'm kiddin, this was the beautiful Jersey Shores 




              
 While I was in NY I got in touch with my dad's side of the family that lives up there, now I hadn't seen any of them since I was at least 5 and I didn't really remember them but they all remembered me! My aunt and uncle brought my all the way over to Washington DC  and spent the day getting to know me better, I got to go on top of those big touring buses which was awesome!! I've always wanted to go on top of one! It was super cool getting to know my dad"s side of the family, I defiantly had a lot of fun! 
                                       Me, in front of the White house



                                                         A fancy museum( that I didn't get the name of )



                                        Yes I got to go on top of the bus!!

                                             The white house!


 Thank you Aunt Marie, Uncle Vito, Aunt Betty and Uncle Frank!! I enjoyed getting to know you!
              

                                           Me in front of Rockefeller Center(:
                                                                    Jersey Shore!
        




Some pretty cool people (:

I defiantly had a ton of fun while I was in NY, I got to meet new people, see new places and  learn         new things, but now I'm back home in good old Portland Oregon.... trying to get back into school, work  and also trying to eat better, exercise and get my self back into shape so stay tune for tips on  eating better and exercising !!








 xoxo
Cameron Ashleigh



                        

No comments:

Post a Comment