Friday, January 13, 2012

Shamrock run!

Hey guys! My work is participating in the Shamrock run( http://www.shamrockrunportland.com/ ) and I decided that I wanted to try it this year, I've been running for about a year or so, off and on, but this will be my first time actually running in an event and not just on my own so I'm super excited about it! I was trying to decide whether I should do the 8km run or the 15km( 8km being 4.97 miles, and 15km being 9.3) but I think I'm actually going to push myself to do the 15km, I'm kinda nervous because I've haven't really run that much before and its in a very hilly area. I have about about 2 months to train for this event, its going to be a lot of hard work but I think I'm up for the challenge! Some of the benefits I have noticed from running are my legs have become a lot more defined and toned, Running can raise your levels of good cholesterol while also helping you increase lung function and use, Running is one of the best forms of exercise for losing or maintaining a consistent weight, Running relieves stress, and get you looking great! Do you like running or hate running? What do you like or dislike about running? Have any good ideas for me about training?

xoxo
Cameron Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment